Buying Established vs Building your Own
The most common uncertainty we see with our clients is the initial decision to either buy an established home or build your own home. It’s a tough call, everyone has different situations and needs that need to be considered but we thought there’s no better time than now to upload some tips on how to decide!
- If you are time poor, you will be able to move in a lost faster than if you were going to build,
- You will likely be moving into a more established neighbourhood so you can get to know your neighbours,
- You might have a bit of negotiating power with an established home so you might be able to ‘negotiate yourself a deal’
- Your home is older and has been lived in previously
- You could be buying a money pit, there could be hidden problems that you might not initially see or think to ask about,
- Maintenance costs to an established garden, replacing plants that have not been cared for etc
- Often people moving into established neighborhoods may find it hard to befriend their tight-knit neighbours.
- First Home Owners Grant
- Purchasing a new home gives you a brand new slate to work with, you can 100% make it your own
- No waiting for the existing owners to move out or worrying about them leaving the place in bad condition
- You get to take full advantage of the new appliances, new materials and overall ‘new vibes’ of your brand new build
- A brand new build comes with a warranty provided by the builder
- Newer homes are packed FULL of new technologies and ways to make your household greener and more energy efficient. This means lower utility bills which means more money in your pocket!
- If you are in a hurry or a little impatient like us, waiting for your build to be completed can be tedious.
- Brand new builds maximise the opportunity to add more square meterage to your floor plan which sometimes can reduce the size of your back/front yards however the savings made on landscaping costs are more of a pro then a con!
So at first glance the decision to buy or build seems like it would not be an easy one but once you weigh up the pros and the cons it’s clear that often, building wins. Not just because of it’s warranty periods or brand new appliances but mostly because it comes with the piece of mind that your house is going to be built exactly to your specifications to suit you and your families needs.
Have you decided to build, get in touch today or check out our great House and Land Packages.
Posted by First Home Buyers Direct on 22 August 2017 | 0 comments
Back To Blog Entries