What You Need To Know About House & Land Packages
If you’re thinking of building your first house, you’ve no doubt heard the term ‘house and land package’ quite a few times by now and are wondering exactly what it means. You’re also probably wondering what the benefits are and if it’s the right move for you.
In this post we’re going to go through everything you need to know about house and land packages and outline what sets ours apart from the rest. Make sure you check it out if you’re in the process of deciding what route to take when building your first home.
What Are They?
When building a home, you essentially have two options. One is where purchase the land and then engage a builder to construct your home (a process that involves working with a real estate agent & builder and paying for the land and construction in several different phases).
The other is to go for a ‘turnkey’ house and land package where you choose the location and house design in the one process. You pay a deposit and agree to a price, and then upon completion your builder will hand you the keys to your brand new home and you pay the balance.
What Are The Advantages?
In addition to being much simpler and easier to manage (something that can come in very handy if you’re new to the real estate game), choosing a house and land package has a range of other benefits.
- Choice: house and land packages offer buyers the option to customise their homes by choosing from a range of different designs. Basically, it’s the easiest and fastest way to get into a home that suits the needs of you and your family.
- Clear Costs: you’re able to agree on a price up front, something that’s really helpful when getting finance. If you’re buying the house and land separately, it’s possible that costs can blow out if something doesn’t go according to plan.
- Cost Effectiveness: house and land packages are, on average, about 14% cheaper than buying an existing house in the same area. That’s a significant saving, and you also come away with a brand new house at the end of the process.
- First Home Owners Grant: building with a house and land packages will mean that you qualify for the $10,000 first home owners grant which you can put towards your deposit.
- Financial Benefits: in addition to a warranty covering any problems you might encounter, building a new home with a house and land also means your maintenance costs will be much lower. You’re also able to maximise the depreciation allowance on your tax return.
What Is The HFBD Difference?
Once you’ve decided that a house and land package is the way to go, there are no shortage of building companies in WA that offer them. So why would you choose to go with us?
Value & Quality: Because we specialise in building homes for first home buyers, we’re able to offer an outstanding level of both value and quality that’s a cut above what you'll find elsewhere.
Choice & Location: As one of WA’s leading builders, we have a wide range of locations to choose from. This means that you’re able to choose a suburb and price that suits your budget and lifestyle.
Flexibility & Customer Service: Lots of builders treat first home buyer house and land packages with a bit of disdain. They have other, higher paying clients that they think are more worthy of their attention, so you can end up neglected.
Not at FHBD! Because this is what we specialise in, we’ll always go out of our way to ensure that you end up with something that you’re 100% happy with. We pride ourselves on our flexibility and dedication to outstanding customer service, so we’ll do everything we can to ensure that you end up with the right combination of location, price and home design in your house and land package.
Get in touch with us today to find out more!
Posted by First Home Buyer Direct on 17 January 2019 | 0 comments
Back To Blog Entries