First Home Owners Grant WA
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is a great government incentive for buyers in Perth, WA. Thanks to this scheme, first home buyers can receive a $10,000 incentive to purchase their new home!
That can be extremely helpful since it frees up funds for other expenses like legal fees and home deposit.
This First Home Owner Grant scheme is available in all states including Western Australia. It was introduced on 1st July 2000 as a national scheme to encourage home ownership across the country.
It is funded by the various states and territories and administered under their own legislation. Therefore, the eligibility requirements for first home buyers may vary according to state.
Ready to start the next chapter of your life? We can help you access the First Home Owner Grant and get you into a home of your own!
Are You Eligible For The First Home Owner Grant?
Thinking of buying a house? Then the First Home Owner Grant can give you a great head start wine it comes to building a new home
If you're an eligible first home owner in Perth, these grants give you a one-off payment of $10,000 to buy or build a new residential property for use as your principal home. So if you’re planning on buying a home of your own, be sure to take advantage of this incentive!
Not sure if you qualify for a first home ownership grant? Let’s take a look at the eligibility requirements:
- To qualify for the first home owner grant least one applicant buying the house must be an Australian citizen or a permanent residence at the time of application. That means if you’re joint purchasing the house with your partner, at least one of you must satisfy this requirement.
- You must be 18 years or older. However, if you’re under 18 in WA, you can apply for the first home owner grant by getting an exemption from the age requirement. To get exempted, you have to submit an application with the Commissioner of State Revenue.
- You (the applicant) and your partner cannot have owned a house anywhere in Australia before 1st July 2000. You also cannot have owned a house in Australia on or after 1st July 2000 and occupied it as a place of residence.
- You and your partner cannot have previously received the grant or first home owner rate of duty from any state or territory in Australia. This rate of duty refers to the special rate that first home owners are qualified to get, and it’s only available if you're purchasing a home for the first time.
- Lastly, you have to occupy the home as your principal place of residence for a continuous period of 6 months or more, and within 12 months of completion of the FHOG transaction.
You’re eligible for the first home owner grant when you buy a house south of the 26th parallel line (including all of the Perth metropolitan area) with a purchase price of up to $750,000. For houses north of the 26th parallel the price can be up to $1 million.
Besides the one-off incentive, first home owners can also enjoy a waiver of the stamp duty for vacant land with a value up to $300,000, and a total limit of $750,000 for a house and land package.
Not sure if you qualify for the First Home Owner Grant? Get in touch with us today and we can help you find out!
Get Your Dream Home With Us
We don't believe that people accessing grants for first home buyers should have to compromise when it comes to quality. We have a range of great, affordable house and land packages in Perth starting from $274,990.
Pair that with the first home owner grant and stamp duty waiver, it’s even easier to own a home!
If you’re looking for a house in Perth now, don’t wait. Take advantage of the $10,000 and check out our house and land packages now - the total amount may change (as it has in the past).
To know more about the WA first home owners grant, and to find out if you qualify for it, just call us at 08 9244 7444 and speak with one of our Qualifiers, or fill in the enquiry form and we’ll get in touch with you promptly.
We're Here To Help Your Home Buying Dreams Come True
We understand that buying your first home can be a complicated and daunting experience. There are all sorts of complex-sounding terms like stamp duty, interest rates, preapproval and mortgage lender's insurance - so you're not alone if you're feeling a bit overwhelmed.
The good news is that you don't have to struggle through it on your own!
Because we're one of the biggest first home buying specialists in the state, we've have loads and loads of experience helping people in your exact situation become a home owner for the first time.
This includes checking your eligibility and accessing the first home owner grant.
But our help doesn't stop with the first home owner grant. We can also walk you through the entire process from sorting out your finances and navigating all those complex terms (like stamp duty) to choosing the right home design and successfully turning it into a home that you're going to love living in for years and years to come.
So don't let your fear of the unknown stop you from buying the home that you've always wanted. We've helped thousands of people across the state access the first home owner grant and we can do the same for you too!
Just get in touch with us today to find out more.
Authorised Credit Representative Number: 402669