Residential Living Showdown: House & Land Packages vs Apartments
There’s a wide array of housing opportunities available today. With apartment complexes popping up all over town, the traditional house and land package isn’t the only option for modern first home buyers. The question is - which is better? In this residential living showdown we examine house and land packages side by side in a number of different categories to determine a winner.
- House & Land: if space is important to you then a house and land package is a clear winner. They allow more space for you and your family to live more comfortably with each other and give each person their own space and sense of privacy.
- Apartments: there’s no getting around the fact that apartments offer occupants less space. Everyone has different space and privacy needs, but apartments definitely limit your options in that department.
- House & Land: when you own your own house you’re pretty much free to renovate and change it however you like (as long as you stay within council and building regulations). This can be advantageous if your living circumstances change and you need your living space to keep up.
- Apartments: living in an apartment means that you have to abide by the rules imposed by the owners corporation. This covers issues such as pet ownership and noise levels. You also need to seek approval before undertaking any renovations or upgrades as well.
- House & Land: with Perth having such fantastic weather, having your own house & land really allows you to take full advantage of it. Whether it’s a pergola or outdoor entertaining space, a garden or a backyard playground playground for the kids, it allows you the freedom of having your own outdoor space.
- Apartments: while high end apartments often have balconies that can function as an outdoor entertaining space - and some even have communal outdoor recreation areas - the fact of the matter is that apartments offer a lot less in the way of outdoor living options.
- House & Land: not living in close proximity to your neighbours means that you don’t have to worry about disturbing them (and vice versa).
- Apartments: if you’re not a fan of listening to your neighbours argue, play the guitar badly, entertain guests after a few too many glasses of wine - or if you’re not that keen on having other people listening in on you doing these things - then apartment living probably isn’t for you.
So there you have it folks! When it comes to space, flexibility, outdoor living and privacy, having a house and land package of your own definitely beats the restrictions of apartment living. If you’re looking to make the most of an active Perth lifestyle with a house and land package of your own, make sure you check out our fantastic range of affordable, high quality options online, or to find out more just get in touch with us today.
Posted by First Home Buyers Direct on 28 June 2018 | 0 comments
Back To Blog Entries