116,000 Australian's do not have a safe place to sleep tonight.
Hey Perth, Ash here from First Home Buyers Direct.
Winter is officially here and you can feel the cold, did you know that around 9000 west australians experience homelessness on any given night.
We believe that every person in west australia deserves the right to a roof over their head at night, with this being said you can make a difference to less fortunate families right here on your doorstep - With your support we can give a family a home this winter.
First Home Buyers Direct wants to make a difference so every home sold we will be donating to someone that needs our help and is living on the streets of Perth.
- There are officially more than 116,000 Australians experiencing homelessness every night across Australia. 42% are female and 58% are male.
- Many Australians experience events in their lives that may place them at risk of homelessness. It is estimated that around 44% of low-income households experience affordability issues due to rental stress and around 1 in 4 women have experienced some form of domestic and family violence in their lifetime. Other risk factors include mental illness and family instability.
- Australia has a shortfall of over 500,000 rental dwellings that are affordable and available to households on the lowest 40% of incomes.
- On any given day across Australia, specialist homelessness services were supporting nearly 57,000 people. Over 9,900 were young people presenting alone.
- The reasons for people seeking help from specialist homelessness support services in 2015-16 include:
- fleeing domestic and family violence - 38%
- housing affordability and financial difficulties - 60%
- mental health, medical issues or substance abuse - More than 20% of people
- unstable housing 24% of young people presenting alone sought assistance because of this.
- In 2015-16 Specialist Homelessness Services were unable to provide assistance in 70,653 instances.
- Around 9,000 Western Australians experience homelessness on any given night.
Reference ABS Census of Population & Housing, 2016 Homelessness Australia, HA Position Paper, 2017
Want to Know More?
For more information on this home, simply fill in the form below and a member our friendly team will be in touch.
Simply fill in the form below to find out if you qualify for finance. We'll be in touch within 1 business day!